Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Back to the Blog

It hasn't been easy to blog. I admit I love to procrastinate. I love the idea of blogging and connecting with others, but I just have a hard time sticking it out. I love to share ideas of things that work for this SAHM with other parents who are looking for recipes, fun tips and gift ideas. I just need to try and find some time to stick with it and make a post even if its every other day or once a week. So I am once again going to give this blog a go and hope I can stick with a routine of writing and sharing.
I told my husband last night that I had this great idea of sharing a 365 day crock pot recipe planner. This idea came from the fact that the heating element in our oven broke, so while I am waiting on the new part to arrive and my husband to put it in I have been cooking from our crock pot, grill and stove. But I realized that maybe if I just focus on one day at a time and not get ahead of myself I can share one idea a night instead of worrying about 365 ideas to share with everyone right away.
I also thought that with the holidays fast approaching I can share some gift ideas as well that have worked well for us. I love the idea of having a few great quality items that will last for a few years. That's what I look for when completing our list. And not just gifts but craft ideas, recipes and gifts made from home to share with others. I love music as well for the kids especially around the holidays. We just purchased the soundtrack from the movie Elf and the kids love it. Yes I opened it today and no its not even Thanksgiving but who cares I say. Its fun music that they enjoy. So if they like it, then my ears can tolerate few extra weeks of Christmas music.

So tonight I will post my first entry of our crock pot dinner. I love my crock pot. I do wish that Santa would bring me a new one that is larger. My pot works great but its too small for this family of 5. I don't care if its found used or new out of the box I just need a larger one. Ok bringing it back to the blog. I figured it would be best to share the recipe once its finished and its been reviewed by all members of the family at the table including my 13 month old son. So I will set my task on the before and after of my whole chicken in the crock pot meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment