Saturday, June 18, 2011

Baby Food Round 2































This is my basic carrot recipe. I peel all my fruits and vegetables before I cook them even though they are organic. I bring the water * you can also use stock for flavor* in the pot just to the carrots so they steam. Once they begin to boil turn the heat down. I wait until the carrots are fork tender and use this method for all my recipes. If you were in the first stages of introducing I would stop here. You can now puree your carrots to a smooth texture adding a little water from the pot as you need to. I have gone on however in picture 4. I added celery and peas.


I am making risotto minestrone for my son who is just about 9 months. You can make risotto or orzo or any tiny pasta you may have on hand. I puree the carrot, pea and celery mix and then add this to my pasta. I stir in spaghetti sauce, homemade or jar is fine. You can also use fresh tomatoes and add those in your puree. Like I mentioned before once you have the basics its really an open canvas.

No comments:

Post a Comment