Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Whole Chicken in the Crock Pot

Ok So I did find some time this evening to sit down and write a little about our meal and our evening. I made a whole chicken roaster and this was pretty simple to do and really I just used what I had in my house. The end result was a quickly prepared, no stress family dinner.




















I don't know why I didn't use this device sooner. I would say I have always used onebut not as often I should have been.








I cut up some onions, garlic and potatoes. Very simple. Added some rosemary and seasoned my bird. I tossed it all into the crock pot at about 10:00 and dinner was ready to go by 5:30. It fell apart it was so tender. The potatoes were beyond fork tender and it was served with a salad and side of corn. My children, husband and myself were all happy with the results. The kids are big fans (as is my husband) of mixing everything together on their plate and eating it as one. Even our dog had some drippings that were left in the crock pot over her food tonight. Clean up is easy as well and I have enough chicken left over for tomorrows dinner... Chicken pot pie in a crock pot. My first attempt but I will be hoping for the best.



Tonight was a cold damp typical November night so I am glad we had a warm meal set to go for dinner.



We followed up the evening with the Elf CD and two books chosen by my oldest daughter. We absolutely enjoyed "The Princess and the Pea" by Lauren Child. It is full of character and great illustrations. I thought that the night ended well. Not everyday can go as planned and today we had a few curve balls thrown at us. Nothing awful but Olivia was tired and when she gets hungry she gets crabby, and my 13 month old Jax has a cold so it was a little hectic as the afternoon hours rolled in. I was left feeling a little frazzled. Once my oldest, Mackenzie came home the girls were hit or miss with each other for the evening. Putting on Elf so Olivia could dance and settling down with Mackenzie so she could read was a good way to put the stress of the day behind me. Plus with dinner practically cooking itself I had one less thing to worry about.

No comments:

Post a Comment